Choose your RIG, pick your team, fish, compete and create lifelong memories with us.
These dates & times below are the proposed division dates for 2018. Please note, these dates & or times may or may not change depending on the DEEP of CT and other states. All events will start at the times below. All events will be 7 hours long. All and any suggestions are welcome, please contact us by text, phone or email.
Also, once a member of NEBASSIN, you are allowed to sign up and fish any NEBASSIN event. In saying this, its all first come first serve with payment. Fishing a full division will allow your team to fish for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place plaques. a chance to place for a FREE regional event and lastly, possibly qualify for BONUS money through the regionals based on total points and monies.
(10-20 team max depending on single teams per event)
4/29 – Mashapaug Lake – CT – State Launch – 7-2
5/12 – Colebrook River Lake – Colebrook, CT – Army Corp State Launch – 7-2
6/30 – Squantz Pond – CT – State Launch – 7-2
7/7 – Bantam Lake – Morris, CT – State Launch – 6-1
8/4 – Mansfield Hollow – CT – State Launch – 7-2
9/1 – Highland Lake – CT – State Launch – 7-2
9/22 – Lake Quassapaug – CT – TBD – 7-2
(10-20 team max depending on single teams per event)
5/26 – Lake Cochituate Framingham – MA – 7-1 (pending state response)
ITS FINALLY HERE!!!
After a year in the making, getting feed back from our directors and members we are finally ready to launch the only 14ft/Kayak team series in the country. This series is the first of its kind making it very unique with plenty of options for our anglers to choose from. We are extremely excited to offer our members something brand new. Not only can you fish the Big Boat Series, our Kayak Series but now also having the option to fish with a friend, family member, neighbor or youth in our 14ft/Kayak Team Series. NEBASSIN has something for everyone with our new memberships for the 2018 season. We have high expectations based upon the many phones calls, texts and emails about 14 ft. boats the last 3 seasons. Well here you go, enjoy it!
Our 14ft boat or Less Kayak Team Series:
The same rules for our Kayak Series will apply for this Series as well. We do have a few modifications below.
– Fill out the Kayak Membership form on the forms tab.
– *Each angler/team member will need to fill out one separately.
– *For 14ft boats with engines, you will need to show proof of insurance.
- Any boat 14 foot or less, any size kayak, canoe or paddle board qualifies for this team Tournament series.
- $60 per team with an Optional $10 Lunker for the biggest fish per event.
- All rigs can have up to a 100lb trolling motor thrust. No big engines are allowed. If a 14 ft. boat has a motor, it needs to either be taken it off or kept out of the water for the entire event. (If someone sees you using a motor greater than 100lb trolling motor, your team will be DQed.
- (4 Options to fish) A. Any angler/team fishing out of a 13 ft. – 14 ft. boat, the team must fish only out of that single rig. B. Any boat 12 ft. or less including any size kayak, canoe or paddle boards are allowed to team up singles. C. Any size boat allows you to fish out of the same rig as a team. D. Lastly, you are allowed to fish alone creating your own team out of any qualifying size rig listed above.
- There is no rod limit for this series, bring as many as you would like. (One rod in the water at a time)
- If your team is created with 2 kayakers, 2 canoes, 2 12ft boats or less, or a combination of any of these three, you are allowed to split up and fish anywhere on the body of water that you wish. If you choose to fish near one another for 10 minutes or the entire day, you are allowed to do so and the 50-yard rule does not apply to your team within your team.
- This is a 5 fish limit event per team. Both anglers per team do not need to catch fish. As long as your team has 5 fish at the end of the day you have successfully caught your limit. Example: Angler 1 catches 5 fish, angler 2 catches 0 fish, your team as still caught your limit. You are allowed to submit less than 5 fish and still WIN based on the total length of your catch.
- Because our main goal is to help and promote the sport of bass fishing, this is a catch and release only series. This is not a total weight series and a live well is not needed. Your team will get a total length for that day based on your best 5 or less fish photographed on a NEBASSIN hawg trough making this a photo identification only series.
- Each team will need to purchase a minimal of 1 NEBASSIN hawg trough, which you will use when taking your photo of your fish. If single rigs create you team, each rig will need to purchase a NEBASSIN hawg trough not unless you already purchased one from a previous year.
- Regional: Your team will need 375 pts. or more to qualify for these events. The top team overall for the year will get a FREE Regional Bid! Because this series is the only one of its kind, for the 2018 season, the teams fishing out of a 12ft rig, any kayak or canoe will individually qualify for the Kayak Series Regional. A 13ft – 14ft boat that qualifies for the regional will qualify for the Big Boat Regional in 2019. This is optional for any team.
Any questions or concerns please contact Jamie under the director tab.